Once you have created your project, chose the patterns, and finally created your project model, you can proceed to the source code production phase.
Source code generation time may vary depending on the number of patterns selected, pattern content (templates, static files), and the size of the project model. The average source code generation time for medium-sized projects is approximately 2-3mins.
You can follow the steps below to generate the project's source code:
- Click the "Source Code" menu on the left; Open the source code page.
- When you make an update in the project patterns or model, the source code generation is performed as soon as you open the source code page. To start the source code generation process manually, you can press the "Generate Now!" button at the top right of the page.
- The page will reload back some time after the source code generation starts. The source code generation process can continue in the background.
- The "Generating..." will flash at the top right of the page while the source code is generating. After the source code generation process is completed, the notification at the top right will be updated to "Generated".
- After the source code generation process is completed, the source code files -created according to the selected patterns- will be listed in the middle section of the page. Clicking on the text-based files in the list will display the contents of the files. Clicking on the directories in the list will list the directory contents.
- To download generated source code in a single .zip file, you can press the "Download (.zip)" button at the top right. Your download will begin shortly.
If you have created "Repositories" and "Servers" for the project, the source code files will be pushed/uploaded automatically to the repositories and servers immediately after the source code generation process.